Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Chrissy Anderson! Wowza!

Please welcome... the... Chrissy Anderson! If you haven't had the pleasure of reading her honest, gripping novels- you need to! Her life story is one that any woman on the planet can relate to in some way. She is one fearless woman! Be sure to show her links some love below!

 Which book was the hardest (or easiest) for you to write?
Hardest….The Hope List.  It’s the last installment of The List Trilogy and I can’t tell you how hard it is to kiss the characters goodbye.  Leo and Kurt, sexy and compelling in their own right, finally find the women they’re meant to be with and the finality of it is overwhelming to me.  You’ll have to wait and see if one of those women is Chrissy…who the baby belongs to…what Slutty Co-workers name is…what becomes of Kendall and Chrissy’s relationship with her best friends, Courtney and Nicole.  

The ending of The Hope List is already written, so I’m prepared for the final farewell, but the entire middle of the story is still missing.  Bridging the gap is proving to be a challenge for me. Clearly, I don’t want this journey to end.

The Life List (part I), which seems to have filled some kind of tragic, raw, and hilarious void in the literary world, was surprisingly the easiest installment for me to write.  It’s based on my real life love triangle and the pleasure and pain of the experience poured onto my laptop as easy as if it were a journal. While it was the easiest installment of the trilogy to write, it wasn’t the easiest to publish. It sat dormant on my computer for four years!  It took that long to build up the courage to go public with my story about my life choices—some good, some stupid, most sleazy. Courage ultimately won over and for all of the right reasons.  I wrote The Life List for all of the mini-Chrissys and Foresaken-Francescas out there (this will make more sense when you read the book!)  While Leo was the inspiration for my convoluted and chaotic love story, those women were the ultimate courage to tell it.  I don’t want anyone to feel as lonely, scared, or confused as I felt during those years of my life.  I want them to feel sane and supported and I want them to know they have a friend.  So far, reviews tell me I’ve accomplished that goal.

The entire journey of writing the trilogy is almost over, selling it is just beginning.  One thing I already know for sure…writing is a lot more fun.




 If you could change any part of your story- would you?
Nope.  Well, wait…I would’ve given Leo a last name earlier on.  He gets one in The Hope List, but it’s just such an awesome last name I wish he would’ve been carrying it around the whole trilogy!

 Do you have a favorite writing time or place or outfit?
Right now.  It’s 8:48am and my kiddo and hubby are at school and work.  Beds are made, kitchen is clean, dog is fed.  I’m sitting at the dining room table which overlooks my backyard and I’m in my pajamas sipping on a cup of coffee. The soundtrack to The Hope List is playing in the background for inspiration (there are soundtracks to all of my books) and a candle is lit. I’ll work for five hours, hop on the treadmill(where I obsess about my books), shower and then start the second half of my day at 3:30 which completely revolves around my family.  I’ve tried to squeeze in time for my books after 3:30 but it only leads to frustration!



 What question would you most like to have someone ask you?
I want Rita Wilson to call me on the phone and ask me if she can play the role of Dr. Maria (Chrissy’s therapist) when The Life List becomes a movie (which she’ll volunteer to make happen).  I’ve sent Rita’s agent multiple copies of The Life List which I’m sure his assistants’ assistant promptly threw in the trash.  I’ve moved on to more clever ways to get my work into Rita’s hands. I won’t reveal them to you because you’ll think I’ve lost my mind.



 What's your favorite sexual position and why?
Any position where I can feel biceps.  BIG ONES!  A strong man is a must.  



 What's your most embarrassing moment?
Oi vey.  You’ve read The Life List…you tell me!  I guess outside of my “Chrissygans” I’d have to say it was right after my first kiss in the eighth grade. I didn’t even see it coming and the boy had a tongue the size of an anaconda.  Thirty minutes after it happened, everyone in the entire school started calling me “The Slurper”.   Devasting!  Just devastating!  I still have a hard time showing myself at class reunions!



 If they made a reality tv show about you what would it be about or called?
The Unsolicited Advice of Chrissy Anderson.  It would be a dream come true to tell anyone and everyone exactly what I thought!  The first episode would be all about the mothers at my daughters dance school.  What a bunch of assholes!  Although, I’m fairly certain most of them have read my books.  They must think I’m a pretty big asshole too!  Touché!  


Xoxo, Chrissy Anderson
@askchrissy



No comments:

Post a Comment