Thursday, October 17, 2013

Teaser Time!!!!!! Tug of War

Teaser Time folks!
<3


“Nice,” I coo, looking at the owl of death he’s currently working on. He’s amazing with colors. I should know, he did my masterpiece. When we first opened the shop Sawyer had started my tattoo and over the course of a year finally finished it. It’s a giant intricate gothic-meets-tribal-meets-classic, Swallowtail black and white butterfly that spans my entire side, rib cage to my hipbone. It’s about six inches wide. From the blurred tips of the wings a thousand small butterflies in brilliant blues, purples, and greens burst out, trailing down my hip and up my shoulder blade. It’s literally the length of my torso with half appearing on my back wrapping around just barely to my front. It’s my only one and I adore it. The way the large black and white butterfly bursts into a hundred brilliantly-colored smaller ones of varying sizes always brings a smile to my face. Some of the smaller ones have words worked into the lines of the wings: devoted, Allie, Sawyer, love, truth, heart. The words are scattered here and there throughout the hundred smaller butterflies and you really have to inspect the tattoo to find them. It’s pure artwork.
“Thanks, muffin.” He grins and wipes the skin in front of him clear. “I’ll get Alliecat after school. I should be done in twenty.”
“Great. I have about half an hour left on this one before my next appointment at three. Should only take about an hour though. Pizza tonight?” I ask, arching my back and smiling at the dude on Sawyer’s table.

“Sounds good,” he says distractedly as he focuses on his work. Strutting back to my station above the hum of the needle I hear his client tell him he’s damn lucky to have a fine piece of ass to go home with. I hear Sawyer snort and agree, not bothering to enlighten him on our relationship. It’s good, actually: the more people that think I’m taken the better. Being in the line of work I’ve chosen and looking like I do makes me a prime target for being hit on relentlessly and I really don’t like having to constantly defend myself from perverts. Plus, I’m terrible at relationships. I definitely am not looking for anything. My life is easy, safe, and content, and I prefer to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment