Thursday, October 17, 2013

A moment of gratitude

Hi lovey's!

So I wanted to take a moment and share that I am one lucky gal. My mum, who is awesome...but who also is NOT a huge fan of shall we say the steamy romance reads... however she shares my posts and applauds my small achievements when they go live. I'm well aware that even her friends are probably not the biggest fans of the genre that I choose to write in but she pimps me anyways!

So here we go;

Dear Mum,

Thank you. Thank you for always supporting and encouraging me. Thank you. Thank you, for all the ridiculous small things you do for me and my family. Thank you for being thoughtful, and loving and kind. Thank you for teaching me and raising me to be the person I am. Thank you for all the hugs and kisses and words of encouragement thus far in life. You are an amazing woman. People tell me so, strangers that I don't know compliment me on having YOU for a Mum. How cool is that?!

Thank you for thinking my books are cool even though you can't bring yourself to thoroughly read one. I get it and am happy that we have the kind of relationship that has healthy boundaries where you can honestly just say- "nope. can't do it." and it's not offensive or discouraging in any way.To think there will come a day when I'll no longer have you scares the ever living shit out of me. You are my rock. You still let me cry and snot on you when I'm upset, even though I'm a grown woman. You still provide great comfort to me in all my times of stress- even if there is nothing you can do about it.  I appreciate all you've done and will do for me, for my daughter, for my sister, for my friends and your friends and all the other family and/or surrogate family we have.   

Thank you for baking and hanging out in jammies (but making it somehow cool) and making me laugh and picking up ridiculous little ladybug trinkets that I have no idea what to do with just because you're thinking of me at that moment. Thank you for teaching me how to be a good, kind, loving person who's confident enough to trust my gut and run with it- most of the time. Mostly, thank you for always saying 'I love you' and  'I'm proud of you' growing up. There are a lot of people who don't get that regularly growing up and I'm lucky because I did.So. Thanks!

XOXO Darling Dimpled Daughter #1



No comments:

Post a Comment