Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Digital or Physical?

I never, ever, thought I would use a Kindle or anything like it. I was adamant actually.
Then, two years ago, the Hubs got me a freaking Kindle Fire.
Hell froze over. I fell in love with it. Like... in love. This past Christmas he upgraded me to the Fire HDX. I of course...love it.

I've read so much more than normal since using the device. Obviously eBooks tend to cost less than paperbacks so that helps out a lot...
What are your thoughts on this matter?!


From Digital Book World:
When it comes to digital reading, kids are way ahead of adults.
According to a new study from children’s entertainment research and consulting group PlayCollective and Digital Book World, 67% of U.S. children aged two-to-thirteen are now reading ebooks. That’s up from 54%, the number recorded in a similar study from last year.
“In the last year, based on this research, the kids e-reading and reached and passed a tipping point,” said Paul Levine, co-CEO of PlayCollective. “This is becoming a normal part of their lives and becoming habitual.”
. . . .
PlayCollective attributes much of the increase in e-reading over the past year to increased digital reading in schools, citing that the gains “may be due to the increase in schools purchasing tablets for students, meaning more children this year are likely completing their school reading assignments digitally.”
Link to the rest at Digital Book World



Sound Off!

No comments:

Post a Comment